Denver and Boulder, Colorado
Liposuction can improve your body shape by removing fat deposits with a tube and vacuum device. Common locations for liposuction include chin, neck, upper arms, abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, knees, calves, ankles. Liposuction is particularly well-suited for individuals who are of relatively normal weight but have isolated pockets of fat that cause certain areas of their body to appear disproportionate. These localized fat deposits may sometimes be an inherited trait and typically do not respond to dieting or exercise. Liposuction is often the only way to eliminate them. While it is possible to undergo liposuction at almost any age, you will obtain the best results if your skin still has enough elasticity to achieve a smooth contour following fat removal. Liposuction should not be considered a substitute for overall weight loss, nor is it an effective treatment for cellulite, a condition that gives the skin an uneven, dimpled appearance. Liposuction can be performed on several areas of the body at the same time, and it can also be done in conjunction with other aesthetic plastic surgery.
Read about SmartLipo™.
Learn more about Tumescent and Ultrasound Liposuction Techniques
You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your medical history. This will include information about any medical conditions you may have such as diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease. Plastic surgeon Dr. Broadway will want to know about previous surgeries, medical treatments and medications that you currently take. It is important for you to provide complete information. How much you currently weigh and whether you plan to lose or gain weight in the future will be factors in evaluating you for liposuction. We may ask you about the effects of prior weight loss on the appearance of those areas which you have indicated for contouring. Dr. Broadway will assess the elasticity of your skin and estimate the amount of fat to be removed for optimal results.
Your surgery will be performed at the Renewal Medical Center which is a state licensed, ambulatory surgery center owned by Dr. Broadway and Dr. John Millard. Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure and various monitors are used to check your heart, blood pressure, pulse and the amount of oxygen circulating in your blood. Fat is removed by first inserting a small, hollow tube, called a cannula, through one or more tiny incisions near the area to be suctioned. Incisions are usually less than one-quarter inch in length and are placed as inconspicuously as possible, often within skin folds or contour lines. The cannula is connected by tubing to vacuum pressure unit. The suction device literally vacuums away the unwanted fat.
During your liposuction procedure Dr. Broadway will inject a solution that will liquefy the fat allowing the suction to be much more gentle than standard liposuction. Dr. Broadway’s technique is softer and the motion is similar to that of a violin player. Not only does Dr. Broadway remove fat, but he will also sculpt the remaining fat giving patients a much nicer result.
When the surgery is completed, you will be taken into a recovery area where you will continue to be closely monitored. There may be some discomfort, but this can be controlled by medication which you may continue take at home. A compressive dressing such as an elasticized bandage or specially designed garment may have been placed over the areas that were suctioned. Dr. Broadway will tell you how long you should wear the garment and will instruct you on how to remove it so that you may shower or bathe.
For further information about liposuction:
- Read about the Types of Anesthesia we use and learn What Areas of the Body can be Treated with Liposuction.
- For information on the liposuction recovery process see Liposuction Recovery.
- Liposuction Questions
- Learn Why you should choose Dr. David Broadway for your Liposuction procedure.
- Liposuction Surgery Differences
- Pro Lipo
- Liposuction Candidacy
- Liposuction Follow up Care
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Coming Soon!
- Before & After Gallery
- Extreme Makeover
- Body Procedures
- Body Sculpting
- VASER Hi Definition Liposculpture
- Tummy Tuck
- Skin Tightening Lasers
- Vaser Technology
- Mommy Makeover
- Fat Transfer
- Buttock Augmentation
- Varicose Veins
- Cellulaze Treatment
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enlargement Details
- Breast Enlargement Implants
- Option for Breast Enlargement Consultations
- Breast Enlargement Risks
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Expectations After Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast Lift
- Breast Liposculpture
- Benefits of Removing & Replacing Saline to Gel
- Sientra Breast Implant Warranty
- VASER Hi-Def Breast
- Vectra 3D Breast Imaging
- Female Breast Fat Transfer Instead of Breast Implants
- Inverted Nipples
- Breast Augmentation Recovery: Week Two and Beyond
- When Breast Implants Need Repositioning
- Breast Implant Removal
- Facial Enhancement
- Skin Treatments
- Plastic Surgery for Men
- Hair Restoration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Body Contouring Questions
- Breast Augmentation Questions
- Facial Rejuvenation Questions
- High Speed Laser Hair Reduction Questions
- Treatment of Veins and Redness Questions
- Liposuction Questions
- Micro Laser Peel Questions
- Photo Rejuvenation Laser Questions
- Pro Fractional Laser Questions
- Skin Care Questions
- Skin Tightening Laser Questions
- SmartLipo™ Questions
- BOTOX® Questions
- Botox® Cosmetic Questions
- Patient Financing
- Traveling Patients
- Map and Directions
- NEW Non-Invasive Body Sculpting Technology
- Tear Shaped Breast Implants