Serving the Denver Metro area including Aurora, Boulder, Cherry Creek, Englewood, Highlands Ranch and Littleton
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgical technique that removes fat from underneath the skin to create more pleasing body contours. A small stainless steel tube, (called a 'cannula'), is connected to a powerful suction pump, than inserted through tiny skin incisions into the fat. The cannula creates tiny tunnels through the fat, removing it with suction. Once the fat is removed, the tunnels collapse, improving body shape.
Will liposuction help me lose weight?
Fat cells are one thing you cannot get rid of once you have them. When you lose weight you do not lose fat cells; only the amount of fat within each cell shrinks. For some, stubborn areas of fat remain despite best efforts at diet and exercise. Liposuction can help to remove these accumulated fat deposits in common areas such as the thighs, hips, buttocks and stomach.
Liposuction is not a substitute for a nutritious, reasonable diet and regular daily exercise. A woman who wants to trim down from a size 12 to a size 6 will not get her wish with liposuction. However active patients who merely have stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise will have a beautiful result with liposuction.
Am I a Good Candidate For Liposuction?
The best candidates for liposuction:
- Are of average weight
- Have realistic expectations
- Have firm, elastic skin
- Do not have large areas of cellulite
- Are in good general health
- Suffer from concentrated pockets of fat that are unresponsive to diet and exercise
What is VASER Hi Def Liposculpture?
A new form of liposuction, VASER Hi Def LipoSculpture is a revolutionary body sculpting procedure that utilizes the artistic eye of the surgeon to "sculpt" abdominal muscles, giving the appearance of distinct muscular detail which traditional liposuction procedures usually fails to achieve. Dr. Broadway is one of few surgeons in Colorado who performs this cutting edge procedure.
Is liposuction a permanent treatment?
Liposuction does remove fat cells, but does not prevent weight gain. If you gain weight, you may gain it in a different area than previously. The bottom line, however, is that liposuction will not prevent you from gaining weight. Only you can control that.
Is liposuction surgery risky?
All cosmetic surgical procedures carry risk. Liposuction, however, has a very good safety record. You can ensure a safe outcome by carefully choosing a surgeon board certified surgeon like Dr. David Broadway who has special training and years of experience. Dr. Broadway also instructs other surgeons on advanced liposuction techniques.
To learn more about liposuction's benefits for you, or to schedule a consultation, please contact the Denver, Colorado offices of Dr. David Broadway today.
- About Us
- Our Blog
- Patient Testimonials
- Video Center
- Contact Us
Dr. Broadway has been featured on:
- Before & After Gallery
- Extreme Makeover
- Body Procedures
- Body Sculpting
- VASER Hi Definition Liposculpture
- Tummy Tuck
- Skin Tightening Lasers
- Vaser Technology
- Mommy Makeover
- Fat Transfer
- Buttock Augmentation
- Varicose Veins
- Cellulaze Treatment
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Enlargement Details
- Breast Enlargement Implants
- Option for Breast Enlargement Consultations
- Breast Enlargement Risks
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Expectations After Breast Augmentation Surgery
- Breast Lift
- Breast Liposculpture
- Benefits of Removing & Replacing Saline to Gel
- Sientra Breast Implant Warranty
- VASER Hi-Def Breast
- Vectra 3D Breast Imaging
- Female Breast Fat Transfer Instead of Breast Implants
- Inverted Nipples
- Breast Augmentation Recovery: Week Two and Beyond
- When Breast Implants Need Repositioning
- Facial Enhancement
- Skin Treatments
- Plastic Surgery for Men
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Body Contouring Questions
- Breast Augmentation Questions
- Facial Rejuvenation Questions
- High Speed Laser Hair Reduction Questions
- Treatment of Veins and Redness Questions
- Liposuction Questions
- Micro Laser Peel Questions
- Photo Rejuvenation Laser Questions
- Pro Fractional Laser Questions
- Skin Care Questions
- Skin Tightening Laser Questions
- SmartLipo™ Questions
- BOTOX® Questions
- Botox® Cosmetic Questions
- Patient Financing
- Traveling Patients
- Map and Directions
- Breast Implant Removal